Description of Practice
Greg Wittmann assists clients in zoning due diligence, entitlement applications, CEQA compliance and community engagement. Greg earned his J.D. from the University of Southern California, where his coursework focused on land use, real estate and local government. Knowledgeable in a broad range of development topics – including zoning regulations, project finance, urban design and political considerations – Greg brings a unique skill set to the firm.
Prior to joining Gonzales Law Group, Greg clerked in the Land Use Division of the City Attorney’s Office. While in law school, Greg pursued his deep interest in zoning by interning with the Department of City Planning, where he drafted ordinances and wrote staff reports for proposed ordinances addressing boarding homes and parking regulations.
An avid bicyclist, Greg often cycles to work from his apartment in Greater Wilshire. Greg also serves on the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council.
- Due diligence and entitlement preparation for 150-unit density-bonus project.
- Due diligence and entitlement preparation for several boutique hotels in Hollywood.
- Preparing responses to comments defending adequacy of CEQA environmental documents in conjunction with a school modernization project.
- Obtaining use variance for health club in a multifamily residential zone.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D. May 2013. Achieved honors in Real Estate Transactions, Mortgage Law, Environmental Law and Real Estate Business and Finance.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A. in Economics and Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE), May 2010. Graduated Magna Cum Laude. Achieved Dean’s List seven semesters.